THANK YOU to all who joined us both in person and online for our national conference! We had a wonderful weekend celebrating the legacy of peace and gospel nonviolence.
Check out the resources from the conference available below.
- Link to the Friday opening plenary featuring keynote from Archbishop Wester
- Link to the Saturday morning plenary featuring an intergenerational conversation among women peacemakers
- Link to the Sunday morning plenary featuring the Teacher of Peace ceremony, the conference’s closing liturgy, and the commissioning of the new Ambassadors of Peace
Workshops — We are very grateful for those who offered to videotape the workshops. While the plenary sessions were recorded by a professional A/V company hired to handle the livestream and technology, the workshop videos were made possible by the service of volunteers. The workshop videos may not be professional quality but we hope you check them out. Please note, three of the workshops were not videotaped.
- International Perspectives: Impact of US Foreign Policy
- Practicing Nonviolence: An Interfaith Conversation for Peace and Justice
- Bread Not Stones: Organizing to Redirect Military Spending
- Groundswell: Building a sustainable racial justice ministry
- Modern Day Lynching: Catholics Call for Abolition of Death Penalty
- Thomas Merton: A Model of Unbinding
- Supporting a Pathway to Peace in Palestine through the Prism of Justice
- Race and Class in the United States: Understanding their Intersections
- Urgency of Now: Environmental Justice, Climate Justice, and the Fight for our Future
- Nuclear weapons and the budget as a moral document
- Special welcome messages for conference participants from Bishop Tom Gumbleton, Sr. Mary Lou Kownacki, Fr. Bryan Massingale, Sr. Helen Prejean, and Martin Sheen
- Special messages of congratulations to Marie Dennis from former Teacher of Peace award recipients
- Special message from Sr. Annie Killian, OP, of the Pax Christi Young Adult Caucus
- Livestream recording of the march to the Pentagon for Sunday’s witness
Text from conference speeches
- Archbishop Wester’s Friday keynote
- Nancy Small’s reflection during Saturday night’s banquet
- Marie Dennis Teacher of Peace award acceptance speech
- Bishop Stowe’s homily at the closing Mass
- Photos from pre-conference events, Thursday, August 4 to Friday, August 5, including state leaders gathering, Pax Christi Young Adult Caucus gathering, screening of The Berrigans: Devout and Dangerous
- Day One, Friday, August 5
- Day Two, Saturday, August 6
- Day Three, Sunday, August 7
- Photos by Jo Clarke from the entire weekend
Resources from the conference
- Program booklet
- Sponsorship thank you flyer
- Liturgy and prayer services booklet
- 50th anniversary prayer card
50th anniversary apparel, resources and promotional items
At the conference, Pax Christi USA rolled out new items and resources celebrating our 50th anniversary year. Find more information at this link.
- 50th anniversary commemorative t-shirt featuring a quote from Bishop Thomas Gumbleton
- Pax Christi USA tumblers with 1980s’ era retro logo (link to store page)
- 50th anniversary conference tote bags
- 50th anniversary prayer cards
- Find all items — including pins, prayer cards, buttons, and more — in the Pax Christi USA online store at this link.
Media coverage of our 50th anniversary
- August 12 – Bishop Stowe Questions Catholics Who Will “Bless Armaments But Not Some Couples” (New Ways Ministry Blog)
- August 11 – Maryknoll Sister Named “Ambassador of Peace” (Catholic New York)
- August 8 – Longtime peace educator Marie Dennis is Pax Christi USA’s Teacher of Peace (CNS)
- August 8 – #FaithWorks: The Moore Report: We’re saints too (Afro News)
- August 2 – Bishop Gumbleton reflects on past, future of Pax Christi USA (NCR)
- August 2 – Pax Christi celebrates 50 years of Catholic witness against the ‘war machine’ (NCR)
- July 23 – Pax Christi USA has remained persistent in pursuit of peace for 50 years (CNS, Crux)
- July 19 – Celebrating Pax Christi USA: 50 years of building the peaceable kingdom (NCR)
- June 29 – Catholic peace movement Pax Christi recognizes 20 new “Ambassadors of Peace” (NCR)
- June 6 – Sister of St. Joseph Jane Morrissey named ambassador of peace (The Republican)
all info below was posted pre-conference…
Information for the 50th Anniversary National Conference in 2022
Onsite information during the weekend:
- Conference program booklet
- Liturgy and prayer services booklet
- Click here for our COVID protocols for the conference.
- Click here for a downloadable list of things to do in and around Washington, DC before and after the conference.
- Click here for information on Sunday’s prayer witness at the Pentagon.
More conference info:
- Click here for conference registration. (Registration is closed!)
- Click here for conference brochure (PDF download).
- Click here to reserve your hotel room at the DoubleTree by Hilton (Washington, D.C.-Crystal City).
- Click here for information on signing on as a co-sponsor of our conference.
- Click here for the conference schedule.
- Click here to read about our opening keynote speaker, Archbishop John C. Wester.
- Click here for a listing of workshops offered.
- Click here to read our FAQ page for exhibitors. (Registration closed for exhibitors)
- Click here to register as an exhibitor. (Registration closed for exhibitors)