Next monthly gathering: On Saturday, December 16, 12-3:30 PM Eastern, online, PCYAC will hold its annual Advent retreat. Contact Michelle Sherman for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org. Use this link to register. Peacemakers in their 20s and 30s are welcome — you do not need to have attended earlier Pax Christi events in order to participate.
WHO WE ARE: A community within Pax Christi USA, the Young Adult Caucus provides space for peacemakers in their 20s and 30s to grow together, educate one another in dialogue, mobilize for action, and accompany the Catholic peace movement into its future as we pursue a just and sustainable world.
Within the Pax Christi USA movement, PCYAC is led by the National Council, in collaboration with the National Office, informed by the Anti-Racism Team, and supportive of Pax Christi International.
WHAT WE DO: The Pax Christi USA Young Adult Caucus meets monthly via Zoom to pray, study, and act. As we grow, and once the pandemic subsides, we will be more active in-person. Some of our recent programs include:
- “Dawn shall break upon us,” a retreat held June 23-25 in Chicago
- Peace Pairs: An intergenerational co-learning program between PCYAC members and Ambassadors of Peace and Teachers of Peace
- Online Advent mini-retreat, held December 17, 2022.
- Building Paths of Peace Together, an in-person retreat in Washington, D.C. from June 2022
- Vigil for Black Lives
- Monthly evenings of dialogue with conversation topics selected and shared by PCYAC community members (most recently, an evening of dialogue on ecological justice)
- Advent Vespers based on the writings of St. Oscar Romero
- “Let Us Dream,” a Lenten retreat focused on Pope Francis’ book by the same title
- A breakout session for the 2021 National Conference, entitled “Dream of Tomorrow: Building capacity by looking at peacemaking through an intergenerational lens”
- “Militarized Policing: Abolition or Reform?”, a special pre-conference lead-in event on July 29 (watch the video at this link)
- “Reflecting on a Generation of War”
- An evening of Advent prayer, reflection and resistance
- Reflection on Lent, Ukraine, and the art of resistance
- Liturgy for peace outside the Russian embassy on Ash Wednesday
TO JOIN: PCYAC is always looking to expand our community and invite new people to share in reflection, prayer, and action. If you would like to be added to the PCYAC email list, please fill out this form and a member of the leadership team will be in touch.
To reach the Pax Christi USA Young Adult Caucus, regarding upcoming events, future involvement, and any questions you may have, email PCYAC@PaxChristiUSA.org and a member of the leadership team will respond.
To connect with Michelle Sherman, Pax Christi USA staff, email email@example.com.
Pax Christi Young Adult Caucus representative to the National Council: Honorine Uwimana, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent monthly gatherings:
November 15, 2023: PCYAC members discussed the ongoing closure of Black Catholic schools and churches
October 18, 2023: Bring a book/text you are reading or one that left remarkable prints on your life.
April 19, 2023: PCYAC commemorated Genocide Awareness Month, with a presentation by Honorine Uwimana (Pax Christi USA national council) on the violence perpetrated against Tutsi in Rwanda in 1994.