>> For its monthly online gathering, on April 19 (8 PM Eastern), in commemoration of Genocide Awareness Month, PCYAC will reflect on the violence perpetrated against Tutsi in Rwanda in 1994 and the never again promise through a presentation by Honorine Uwimana (Pax Christi USA national council).
This event is for young adults ages 18-39. Please register here.
>> Join PCYAC for the summer retreat, June 23-25, to be held near Chicago. Find more details and apply to attend here!
WHO WE ARE: A community within Pax Christi USA, the Young Adult Caucus provides space for peacemakers in their 20s and 30s to grow together, educate one another in dialogue, mobilize for action, and accompany the Catholic peace movement into its future as we pursue a just and sustainable world.
Within the Pax Christi USA movement, PCYAC is led by the National Council, in collaboration with the National Office, informed by the Anti-Racism Team, and supportive of Pax Christi International.
WHAT WE DO: The Pax Christi USA Young Adult Caucus meets monthly via Zoom to pray, study, and act. As we grow, and once the pandemic subsides, we will be more active in-person. Some of our recent programs include:
- Peace Pairs: An intergenerational co-learning program between PCYAC members and Ambassadors of Peace and Teachers of Peace
- Online Advent mini-retreat, held December 17, 2022.
- Building Paths of Peace Together, an in-person retreat in Washington, D.C. from June 2022
- Vigil for Black Lives
- Monthly evenings of dialogue with conversation topics selected and shared by PCYAC community members (most recently, an evening of dialogue on ecological justice)
- Advent Vespers based on the writings of St. Oscar Romero
- “Let Us Dream,” a Lenten retreat focused on Pope Francis’ book by the same title
- A breakout session for the 2021 National Conference, entitled “Dream of Tomorrow: Building capacity by looking at peacemaking through an intergenerational lens”
- “Militarized Policing: Abolition or Reform?”, a special pre-conference lead-in event on July 29 (watch the video at this link)
- “Reflecting on a Generation of War”
- An evening of Advent prayer, reflection and resistance
- Reflection on Lent, Ukraine, and the art of resistance
- Liturgy for peace outside the Russian embassy on Ash Wednesday
TO JOIN: PCYAC is always looking to expand our community and invite new people to share in reflection, prayer, and action. If you would like to be added to the PCYAC email list, please fill out this form and a member of the leadership team will be in touch.
To reach the Pax Christi USA Young Adult Caucus, regarding upcoming events, future involvement, and any questions you may have, email PCYAC@PaxChristiUSA.org and a member of the leadership team will respond.
To connect with Lauren Bailey, Pax Christi USA’s National Field Organizer, email email@example.com.
Pax Christi Young Adult Caucus representative to the National Council: Honorine Uwimana, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent monthly gatherings:
March 15, 2023: PCYAC held a prayer service focused on the “Saintly Six,” the six African American Catholics who are candidates for canonization.
February 15, 2023: Special guest Jessica Sun shared reflections on the struggle for Palestinian liberation.