Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action, September 21 to October 2
2020 was the first year for the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action. The theme was, “Making active nonviolence our way of life in the Church and the world”. Information on the 2021 Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action will be posted when available.
In solidarity with our 120+ sister organizations in the Pax Christi International network from around the world, Pax Christi USA with our regions, local groups, members and partners prays, studies, acts and celebrates the power of nonviolence each year between September 21st (International Day of Peace) and October 2nd (International Day of Nonviolence and Gandhi’s birthday).
2020 Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action
- Prayer-Study-Action e-bulletin #1 for the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action
- Prayer-Study-Action e-bulletin #2 for the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action
- “Introduction to the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative,” with Judy Coode, Project Coordinator. Click here for a link to the video recording.
- “Working for Peace with Justice: An Elections 2020 Virtual Teach-In”, a webinar exploring Pax Christi USA’s Statement of Principles for the 2020 Elections. Click here for a link to the video recording.
- “Confronting Institutionalized Violence with Gospel Nonviolence”, a webinar on confronting racism, militarism and nuclear weapons through Gospel nonviolence. Click here for a link to the video recording.
Ideas for observing the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action
- Take the Vow of Nonviolence, as an individual, with your family, as a local group, or within your parish community.
- Use this preparatory guide, “Making Active Nonviolence Our Way of Life in the Church and the World,” designed by Pax Christi members from 4 continents, to gauge our experiences in nonviolence and to help groups and communities map out their response to this invitation.
- Use this framework for additional prayer resources, examples of actions of public witness, ideas for multimedia projects, suggestions for creating a nonviolent parish, and opportunities to celebrate nonviolent heroes.
- Sign this appeal to Pope Francis thanking him for his leadership in stating that “nonviolence is the way forward”.
- Find more resources at this link from Pax Christi International.