2022 is the third year of the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action (CNDA), celebrated between 21 September, the International Peace Day and 2 October, the International Day of Nonviolence and Gandhi’s birthday. This is a busy time for all of us, with the Season of Creation, Campaign Nonviolence, and the Week of Prayer for Peace in Palestine & Israel all taking place during the same period.
The theme for 2022 is: “Blessed is every step toward nonviolence.” Acknowledging that a life of nonviolence is a process that takes daily work, we invite you to take steps that broaden your understanding of its many facets, steps that deepen your faith in the nonviolent message of the Gospel, and steps that increase your engagement as we build a nonviolent world for all of God’s creation.
Pax Christi USA Opportunities during the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action
- Bread Not Stones Days of Action, Sept. 19-26
- PAX Mass, Sept. 22 at 8pm ET (more info to come)
- October 1: Nonviolence Training – Bystander Intervention Skills (over Zoom)
- Vow of Nonviolence (can be taken individually or as a group during these days of action)
- New and classic resources on nonviolence are on sale this month in our online store
For resources from Pax Christi USA’s past participation in the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action, click below:
Find more on our work to promote nonviolence at this link.