by Ralph Hutchison, Oak Ridge Environmental Peace Alliance
The unfolding catastrophe in Fukushima, Japan is a stark and tragic reminder that some risks should not be taken. The same minds that thought nuclear power was worth the risk also believe nuclear weapons are worth the risk. But one nuclear exchange will be Fukushima multiplied many times over.
I am hoping you will join the Oak Ridge Environmental Peace Alliance at A Safer World Is Our Right—an action for nuclear disarmament designed by young people who are looking to entire community to support them at this crucial time.
Here’s the crucial information, and you can find more detailed information at www.orepa.org.
Coming April 16 really is one of the most important things you can do for the future.
A Safer World is Our Right, a march and rally for disarmament and the future. Planned by young people for all of us—it’s a moment of hope and possibility.
- When: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 1:00pm
- What: A Safer World Is Our Right: March, Rally, Action for Disarmament and Peace
- Where: Starts at Bissell Park, ends at Y12 Nuclear Weapons Complex
- Who: It’s for everyone who cares about the future
- Sponsored by: Oak Ridge Environmental Peace Alliance
The young people in Cairo would not have succeeded without the support of the rest of the community. And our young people need YOU on Saturday, April 16. The future we want will not be given to us by the experts—it’s up to us to create it.
After they use one—on purpose or by accident—it will be too late to say no.
- More info at www.orepa.org.