This Saturday, June 18, join Pax Christi USA and other Catholic organizations at the Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington and to the Polls, organized by the Poor People’s Campaign.
We support the Poor People’s Campaign’s efforts to fight interlocking injustices —systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, militarism and the war economy, and religious nationalism — and its commitment to a moral revival led by the 140 million poor and low-income people in this country.
This weekend, Pax Christi USA members will be part of this historic gathering to revive and renew the heart and soul of our democracy — please join us!
Friday, June 17 (This evening’s events are for everyone interested in the Poor People’s Campaign, not only the Catholic community)
- 5 PM: Community meal, Freedom Plaza, 1455 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (closest metro stations, Metro Center and Federal Triangle)
- 7:30 PM: National Memorial Service, Lincoln Memorial
Saturday, June 18
- 9 AM: Franciscan Action Network (FAN) will lead a prayer service outside St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 619 10th Street NW (closest metro stations: Metro Center and Gallery Place-Chinatown)
- 9:30 AM: For those not attending the prayer service, gather at 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW. Look for the Pax Christi USA banner and the “Catholics for Justice” signs.
- Those with limited mobility are invited to gather at 3rd Street and Constitution Avenue NW.
- 10 AM: The Poor People’s Campaign events will begin at 3rd and Constitution Avenue NW.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington on June 18!