Pax Christi USA is currently hiring for the staff position of Communications Director. Information for applying for the position is below.
COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR: Pax Christi USA, located in Washington, D.C., has an opening on staff for the position of Communications Director. Pax Christi USA is the national Catholic peace and justice movement. We work for a more peaceful, just and sustainable world through prayer, study and action. The position is full-time and can be done from our home office in Washington, DC or remotely.
Description: The Communications Director oversees, manages and facilitates the internal and external communications strategies of Pax Christi USA, fostering individual and organizational relationships in service to the mission of Pax Christi USA.
Pax Christi USA is committed to advancing racial equity both internally and externally. Staff members should incorporate a racial equity lens to their work and participate in ongoing training in anti-racism and anti-bias.
A partial list of the responsibilities of the communications director include:
- Collaborates with other members of the Pax Christi USA staff on strategies to support and promote program work and to engage our members, our grassroots network, new audiences and the public at-large.
- Creates and manages communication vehicles and systems for consistent, clear and productive communication between the various components of Pax Christi USA’s national network.
- Fosters and promotes a consistent, coherent identity for Pax Christi USA through the creation and employment of identity guidelines across all platforms.
- Oversees all aspects of Pax Christi USA’s website, social media, email network, newsletter, and membership mailings.
- Identifies and develops new platforms and technologies for digital activism.
- Coordinates all aspects of publicity and media relations associated with Pax Christi USA campaigns, statements, events and programs.
- Develops and maintains ongoing, effective relationships with national media, diocesan press and Catholic media.
- Facilitates design, printing, publication and sales of print and electronic resources in support of organizational goals and objectives.
Applications will be reviewed and the position is open until position is filled.
Please send your resume, cover letter and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Communications Director Application. No telephone calls and no hard copies.