Pax Christi USA is currently hiring for the staff position of Program Director. Information for applying for the position is below.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Pax Christi USA, located in Washington, D.C., has an opening on staff for the position of Program Director. Pax Christi USA is the national Catholic peace and justice movement. We work for a more peaceful, just and sustainable world through prayer, study and action. The position is full-time.
Description: The Program Director oversees, manages and facilitates the program work of Pax Christi USA while engaging and growing our national grassroots network.
Pax Christi USA is committed to advancing racial equity both internally and externally. Staff members should incorporate a racial equity lens to their work and participate in ongoing training in anti-racism and anti-bias.
A partial list of the responsibilities of the program director include:
- Develops, implements, facilitates and oversees national programs, events and campaigns of Pax Christi USA.
- Develops and coordinates working groups which provide expertise and strategy on various program priorities.
- Researches and identifies possible funding sources in support of program work.
- Collaborates with the communications director on strategies to promote program work and engage our members, our grassroots network, new audiences and the public at-large.
- Identifies opportunities for the involvement of students and young adults in program work and supervises program interns and volunteers as-needed.
- Collaborates on resource creation and management in support of Pax Christi USA’s programs.
- Identifies and develops, in collaboration with the communications director and other staff, new platforms and technologies for digital activism.
- Builds relationships with regional and local group leaders to support and elevate their work and collaborate on and promote national program work.
- Develops a strategy to facilitate and grow our work in collaboration with dioceses and parishes.
Applications will be reviewed and the position is open until position is filled.
Please send your resume, cover letter and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Program Director Application. No telephone calls and no hard copies.