Pax Christi International held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 10-12 June 2013, in Berlin, Germany. The event was attended by representatives of the Pax Christi sections and the International Secretariat. Pax Christi Germany hosted the event.
The 2013 AGM was dedicated to the renewal of the international leadership structures for the timeframe 2013-2016. Strengthening the Pax Christi International movement through knowledge-sharing and coordination planning around core issues pertaining to its mission, was also on the agenda.
Ms Marie DENNIS (United States of America) and Msgr Kevin DOWLING (South Africa) were reelected as International Co-Presidents of Pax Christi International for the timeframe 2013-2016. Fr Jan PETERS s.j. (Netherlands) was re-elected as International Treasurer of Pax Christi International for the timeframe 2013-2016.
The newly elected International Board of Pax Christi International 2013-2016 consists of:
- Mr Mustafa ALI (Kenya), Global Network of Religions for Children
- Sr Filo HIROTA (Japan), Mercedarian Missionaries of Berriz
- Ms Wiltrud RÖSCH-METZLER (Germany), Pax Christi Germany
- Fr Neles TEBAY (West Papua), Fajar Timur School of Philosophy and Theology
- Mr Antal BALOG (Croatia), Evangelical Theological Seminary
- Ms Cristiana CALABRESE (Italy), Pax Christi Italy
- Ms Ann FARR (United Kingdom), Pax Christi United Kingdom
- Mrs Carmen ARTIGAS (Uruguay), United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Mrs Rania MURRA (Palestine), Educational Arab Institute
The 2013 AGM included sessions on the economic roots of conflict, drones and automated war systems, the current situation in Syria, and other issues of common concern. Participants also received input and shared experience on campaigning, advocacy and networking.
The next Pax Christi International AGM will be held in Sarajevo, in June 2014.