This year, 2013, marks the 50th anniversary of Pope John XXIII’s papal encyclical Pacem in Terris (Peace on Earth). The document was published on April 11, 1963 and was the first encyclical specifically addressed to all people of good will.
As we celebrate the anniversary, we will be featuring here on this page resources, articles and other items of interest that are related to Pacem in Terris.
For the most recent posts on Pacem in Terris, click here.
- Pope Francis’ address on the 50th anniversary of Pacem in Terris
- Pax Christi International’s statement on the 5oth anniversary of Pacem in Terris
- “Peace in Pacem in Terris and Vatican II,” by Pax Christi USA Ambassador of Peace Joseph Fahey
- “Pope John XXIII’s prophetic Peace on Earth turns 50,” by columnist Tony Magliano
- “Pacem in Terris – It’s importance in current time,” by Pax Christi Texas member Dave Atwood
- “Toward a democratic world federation,” by Rev. Benjamin Urmston, S.J., Ph.D.
- Praying Pacem in Terris: A prayer and reflection process for individuals and small groups
- Pacem in Terris: Summary & Commentary for the 50th Anniversary of the Famous Encyclical Letter of Pope John XXIII on World Peace, by Joe Holland
- Pacem in Terris: Its Continuing Relevance for the Twenty-First Century (Series on Postmodern Catholic Social Teaching), by Francis Dubois and Josef Klee
- A reference sheet on Pacem in Terris
- Signs of the Times backgrounder
- A special supplement for small groups on Pacem in Terris, created by Pax Christi USA National Council member Scott Wright and added to the Just Peacemaking module from JustFaith Ministries
- Pacem in Terris 50 years later (video) from America