Pax Christi USA is currently hiring for the staff position of National Field Organizer. Information for applying for the position is below.
NATIONAL FIELD ORGANIZER: Pax Christi USA, located in Washington, D.C., has an opening on staff for the position of National Field Organizer. Pax Christi USA is the national Catholic peace and justice movement. We work for a more peaceful, just and sustainable world through prayer, study and action. We encourage you to become familiar with our Statement of Principles: bit.ly/statementofprinciplespcusa. The position is full-time and based in our home office in Washington, D.C.
Summary: The National Field Organizer oversees and coordinates national field operations of Pax Christi USA, growing the movement at the grassroots level through outreach to parishes, dioceses and schools and the expansion of local and state chapters. The National Field Organizer also co-coordinates Pax Christi USA’s outreach and engagement to young adults and students.
Pax Christi USA is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations.
A partial list of the responsibilities of the National Field Organizer includes:
- Develops, implements, facilitates and oversees a plan for national field operations to mobilize grassroots action for the programs, events and campaigns of Pax Christi USA.
- Develops, implements, facilitates and oversees a plan for outreach and engagement of students and young adults. Co-facilitates leadership of the Pax Christi Young Adult Caucus.
- Builds relationships with state/regional and local group leaders to support and elevate their work and collaborate on and promote national program work.
- Develops and coordinates working groups which provide expertise and strategy on program priorities.
- Collaborates on resource creation in support of Pax Christi USA’s programs and campaigns.
- Represents Pax Christi USA in various circles related to our work, including DC-based events and related communications work associated with those events, as assigned by the executive director.
A partial list of qualifications includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 3+ years experience relevant to the position
- Training in anti-racism
- Background in community organizing
- Strong public speaking and writing skills
- Database management training and experience
- Experience in organizing and advocating for peace, justice and human rights
- Familiarity with the theology, practices, and social teachings of the Catholic Church
- English fluency required; Spanish fluency a plus
Send a cover letter and resume to Johnny Zokovitch at email@example.com with “National Field Organizer inquiry” in the subject line. This position is available immediately. No telephone calls and no hard copies.