Pax Christi USA is currently hiring for the staff position of Communications Coordinator. Information for applying for the position is below.
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR: Pax Christi USA, located in Washington, D.C., has an opening on staff for the position of Communications Coordinator. Pax Christi USA is the national Catholic peace and justice movement. We work for a more peaceful, just and sustainable world through prayer, study and action. We encourage you to become familiar with our Statement of Principles: bit.ly/statementofprinciplespcusa. The position is full-time and based in our home office in Washington, D.C.
Summary: The Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing and facilitating the internal and external communications strategies of Pax Christi USA and fostering individual and organizational relationships in service of its mission. Working alongside other members of the Program Team, the Communications Coordinator helps implement digital strategy at the spiritual, political, and organizing level, grow social media presence and engagement, and support programs, campaigns and organizing efforts.
Pax Christi USA is committed to advancing racial equity both internally and externally. Staff members should incorporate a racial equity lens to their work and participate in ongoing training in anti-racism and anti-bias.
A partial list of the responsibilities of the communications coordinator includes:
- Manage all aspects of Pax Christi USA’s website, social media, email network, newsletter, and membership mailings in coordination with other staff members
- Manage and maintain robust presence on social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Execute digital campaigns strategies to grow membership and engagement of our supporters in taking action
- In collaboration with staff, use social media, email, online advertising and other digital tools to develop online-to-offline organizing programs and strengthen online fundraising
- Write and create compelling, well-sourced content to organize members and encourage constituents to take action
A partial list of qualifications includes:
- Excellent writer, storyteller, and communicator able to write concisely, clearly and quickly
- Good eye for graphic design (please attach examples in your application email)
- Excellent skills on social media and website content creation and management
- Strong knowledge of Canva, WordPress, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud programs, Salesforce, Constant Contact
- English and Spanish fluency required
Send a cover letter and resume to Johnny Zokovitch at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Coordinator inquiry” in the subject line. This position is available immediately. No telephone calls and no hard copies.