Registration is NOW OPEN for Pax Christi USA’s first National Conference since 2016, taking place virtually via Zoom on Friday evening, July 30th and Saturday, July 31st, with two special pre-conference lead-in events (one on Thursday evening, July 29th and the other on Friday afternoon, July 30th).
We’re incredibly excited to feature Olga Segura, author of Birth of a Movement: Black Lives Matter and the Catholic Church, as our opening keynote speaker for the conference.
Other highlights of the conference to look forward to include:
- The awarding of the 2021 Teacher of Peace award
- 6 break-out sessions on topics ranging from U.S. foreign policy and immigration, nuclear disarmament, an examination of Pax Christi USA’s own commitment to anti-racism and racial justice, Pope Francis’s call for a “new normal” following this pandemic year, an intergenerational conversation on peace, and more
- Bishop John Stowe, OFM Conv, Bishop-President of Pax Christi USA as the celebrant and homilist for our closing Mass
- A special pre-conference event Friday afternoon from 1-5pm organized by and highlighting the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative with breakout sessions diving deeper into key aspects of nonviolence
- A special pre-conference event on policing in the United States on Thursday evening, July 29th, organized by the Pax Christi Young Adult Caucus for young adults
- Music, prayer and more!
We’re thrilled to be hosting this year’s conference over Zoom with an eye toward an in-person National Conference in the summer of 2022 celebrating our 50th anniversary! There is no set fee for this conference. For folks attending who have the means, we hope you’ll make a donation to help us cover the conference costs but registration is open to everyone for free.