All members of the Pax Christi USA family are invited to join us for the Pax Christi USA Community Weekly Lenten Prayer Service, Mondays, 8:30-9pm ET, beginning on Feb. 22nd and continuing through Mar. 29th. Join with members of the Pax Christi USA family from around the nation for a short prayer service with short readings from our Lenten reflection booklet, Scripture readings, prayers of the faithful, and more.
The prayer service will be less than 30 minutes and serve as one way to help us all feel more connected during this time of pandemic isolation and social distancing, as well as to help us focus on our own participation in being the peace of Christ in a world shattered by violence, suffering and greed.
Gather (virtually!) on the call with your families, loved ones, local groups! All are welcome!
The schedule for each evening will include:
- Scriptural readings from one of the upcoming days of the current week of Lent
- A reflection from this year’s Lenten reflection booklet
- Prayers of the faithful
- Closing prayer
- (Optional) Breakout rooms for discussion and sharing immediately following the prayer service for those who would like to stay on
Find the program for each prayer service at the links below. Each program will be uploaded about 24 hours before the upcoming prayer service.
- First week of Lent, February 22nd prayer service program
- Second week of Lent, March 1st program
- Third week of Lent, March 8th program
- Fourth week of Lent, March 15th program
- Fifth week of Lent, March 22nd program
- Holy Week, March 29th program