Another victim of violence, another unarmed young Black man executed because of the color of his skin, another family torn apart bu grief, another town dealing with fear, rage and chaos…when is enough, enough?
The shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO stands as a stark reminder of the reckless disregard of human rights in our country by profiling groups of its citizens, and the serious lack of interracial justice in the U.S.
Pax Christi USA calls for prayers for Michael’s family and friends, a non-violent resolution and accountability for the execution of this young man and a reconciliation with justice for the community torn apart by this senseless act.
We invite you to lend your support to the members of the Ferguson, MO community:
- by signing the petition at http://www.colorofchange.org
- for those in the St. Louis area….to connect with Ferguson residents who are asking for a non-violent investigation and transparency of this unjust situation
- by examining the structures, policies and attitudes that created and escalated the violence
- by writing letters and Op/Ed pieces for your local newspapers
- by asking your local parish community for a specific Prayer of the Faithful for strength and courage for the Brown family for the coming weekend