Today is the Interfaith Call-in Day to Prevent Gun Violence. Call your Senators and insist that they act to prevent gun violence. Ensure that the voices of faithful Americans ring throughout the halls of Congress.
Universal Background Checks are essential to gun violence prevention and viable as a bipartisan solution.
- 2.1 million illegal gun buyers have been stopped by background checks – they work!
- Under current federal law only licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks – everyone else is free to sell guns to practically anyone without any type of check.
- Universal background checks legislation cannot and will not lead to the creation of a national gun registry.
We know that there are differences in viewpoint and we ask you to convey whichever policies with which you are comfortable. The major components of legislation that Congress is considering are below.
- Ban semi-automatic assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
- Make gun trafficking a federal crime
- Enhance of school and campus safety
- Improve access to mental health services
When you call your Senators, let them know that you are calling as a member of the faith community, and emphasize those of the policies that you support. Tell them that gun violence prevention laws work.
2 thoughts on “GUN VIOLENCE: Call your Senator today to prevent gun violence”
Is it ok to use your stop gun violence on our Facebook page?
Yes, thanks Mary!