The 2012 Pax Christi MN State Assembly will be held at Christ Church Newman in St. Cloud, MN on Saturday, September 29, 2012, from 9:00 AM-3:30 PM. Our theme is“Foundations of Peace: Peace Conversion and a Pathway to Equitable and Ecologically Responsible Economics,” presented by Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer, a professor at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN. He has written several books on war, hunger issues, theology, and foreign policy. Jack received his Masters of Divinity from the Union Theological Seminary in New York. In 2008, he sought the DFL endorsement as a candidate for U.S. Senate, but was defeated by Al Franken.
Workshops featured during this assembly include:
- Taxation and the US Budget – Dan Finn
- Faithful Citizenship – Bernie Evans
- Educating Peacemakers: Key Concepts and Creative Activities – Kevin LaNave
- Healing the Wounds of Racism – Michelle Naar-Obed and Maria Elena-Guttierez
- Micro-credit and Fair Trade – Fr. Tony Kroll and Shelley Vaske
- Project Save Our Homes – Joel Kilgour
For more information and to register contact Helen Schroeder at 507-285-1662 or Hero89@charter.net or visit http://www.paxchristimn.org/2012/08/18/jack-nelson-pallmeyer-to-headline-minnesota-peace-assembly/.