Miscellaneous resource for local groups to consider:
- “The Pope Francis Effect,” by Pax Christi USA Ambassador of Peace Tom Cordaro, exploring the new moment Pope Francis has opened up for the Church
- Fact Sheet on Gun Violence (designed November 2013)
- “The Predator,” play by PCUSA members and playwright Jack Gilroy. A Jesuit college junior is being encouraged to serve the country in the military by her mother, an Air Force Major Drone Pilot, and a US Senator. Her mother pushes for an Air Force career path and her Senator visualizes drones as an economic answer to unemployment. Is there a relevant moral question?
- “Sentenced to Death For Not Killing: The Ben Salmon Story,” play by Jack Gilroy. Ben Salmon, a WWI, Denver, Colorado Catholic, refused to partake in the killing of another human being. He was arrested, sentenced to death (reduced to 25 yrs hard labor) and tortured for his humanitarian and religious belief that killing is immoral.
- “Render to Caesar? The Story of Franz Jagerstatter,” play by Jack Gilroy. Franz Jagerstatter, an Austrian Catholic peasant was the only person in his village who, in 1938, refused to support Nazi annexation. When he said no to induction into the German Army in 1943, Franz knew the justice of his conscience would be challenged by the power of the state.
- Plays on Dorothy Day, Thomas Merton, and others, by Pax Christi Southern California members Sharon and David Hoover at http://www.inscapeministries.com/
- A Prayer Service to End the Use of Lethal Drones, by Art Laffin of Pax Christi Metro DC-Baltimore
- Pax Christi Drone Usage in War Bibliography, by Pax Christi Metro D.C.-Baltimore