In the wake of the death of George Floyd and the protests in response, Pax Christi USA will post various resources for prayer, study and action on this page.
- Click here to read our statement on the killing of George Floyd.
- Click here to read the media statement from National Council Chair Robert Shine.
- Click here for a Prayer-Study-Action e-bulletin sent on June 3.
- Click here for a short report and photos on our Black Lives Matter action outside the June 2 visit to the St. John Paul II Shrine in DC by the president.
- Click here for a statement from Pax Christi International.
- See our Prayer for Dismantling Racism, written by the Pax Christi USA Anti-Racism Team, under the section “Prayer” in this email bulletin
- Requiem for Black Children of God, by Bishop Fernand Cheri
- An Examen for White Allies, by Maddie Murphy
- Litany for Racial Justice
- What Black Lives Matter can teach Catholics about racial justice, by Olga Segura
- How can Catholics help lead the fight against racism? by Olga Segura
- The assumptions of white privilege and what we can do about it, by Rev. Bryan Massingale
- A webinar on economic and interracial justice by Pax Christi USA National Council member and Pax Christi Anti-Racism Team member Dr. Vicki Lott
- How the church can combat racism and white privilege, an interview with Rev. Bryan Massingale
- Telling the truth about history is a first step, by Dr. Vicki Lott
- An anti-racist critique of Pax Christi USA’s theology and practice of nonviolence, by Pax Christi USA Anti-Racism Team member Tom Cordaro
- The importance of anti-racism training for white activists in Pax Christi USA, by Pax Christi USA Ambassador of Peace Beatrice Parwatikar
- Building accountable relationships with communities of color: Lessons learned, by the Pax Christi USA Anti-Racism Team for White Pax Christi folks
- Housing discrimination persists in leaving no room at the inn for people of color, from the Pax Christi USA Anti-Racism Team
- Economic justice through an anti-racist lens, from the Pax Christi USA Anti-Racism Team
- “I Can’t Breathe: A resource for reflection and dialogue,” from the SSNDs, created especially for women religious (but adaptable)
- Racism in Our Streets and Structures: A Test of Faith, A Crisis for Our Nation, webinar from Georgetown University
- A Black Catholic Syllabus, from US Catholic
- Join us with the Poor People’s Campaign for the virtual gathering and march on June 20th
- 6.19 Day of Actions
- Action ideas for the week of action in defense of Black lives, June 1-7, from the Movement for Black Lives – COMPLETE
- Ongoing action opportunities from Color of Change
- 75 things White people can do for racial justice
- Supporting people’s right to vote, ideas from the Pax Christi USA Anti-Racism Team (originally posted for 2016 election)
- Note to self: White people taking part n #BlackLivesMatter protests, by Vonn New, AFSC
- “Direct Action Training in Defense of Black Lives” – A recorded webinar (and extensive notes) hosted by the Deaconess Foundation and Metropolitan Congregations United
- Statement on the events in Charlottesville: Silence is the softer voice of racism
- Statement on racial violence in the United States
- Statement: Mass shooting tragedies are the expected consequences of hatred and violence
- Statement on the massacre in Charleston, S.C.
- Statement following the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown shooting
- Statement on the killing of Michael Brown by police in Ferguson, MO
- Statement on the U.S. Supreme Court decision regarding the Voting Rights Act
For additional resources, click here.