from the Catholic Labor Network
Ed. Note: Pax Christi USA is encouraging all of its members and supporters to join the Catholic Labor Network’s first annual Labor Day Mass to be celebrated by our Bishop-President, Bishop John Stowe, OFM Conv. See below for more information and to register.
When Kentucky legislators proposed anti-union “right to work” legislation in 2017, Bishop John Stowe of Lexington Diocese spoke out boldly in defense of Catholic Social Teaching on unions and worker justice. Please join us Monday September 7 at 2pm ET for the Catholic Labor Network’s first annual livestreamed Labor Day Mass, celebrated by Bishop Stowe!
Joining celebrant Bishop Stowe for this Mass will be:
- AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
- Deacon Robert Vigil, Chair of the Roundtable of Catholic Diocesan Social Action Directors
- NYC AFL-CIO President Vincent Alvarez
- United Farm Workers President Teresa Romero
- LA AFL-CIO President Ron Herrera
- Texas AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Montserrat Garibay